Monday, 11 November 2013

D.I.Y TWIG LAMP

D.I.Y TWIG LAMP

Hello Everyone! Today I Will Be Sharing My DIY Twig Lamp With You! 


You will need a plain lamp, I preferred a white lamp shade as dark colors really standout on a neutral shade. 


I used wooden flower and leaf stamps to make an impression on the lamp shade while using fabric paint. It is really easy to make, just follow the steps in the pictures.











Once the flower and leaf impressions were made, I painted a twig pattern, with a free hand, connecting the two flowers.



To place the lamp I used a different ideas, first one was to use a hot pink cushion as base for the lamp with a buffalo check table runner.


Second, I made a base with few of my favorite old books.


I just love buffalo checks. They give a very warm and homely feeling.



Hope you like it. Do give me your feedback in the comments below! :)

Xo
Amber
I am linking to:

Whimsy Wednesday, Lovely Ladies Linky Party,Love Grows Wild,Home Stories atoz, Three Mango Seeds, Be Betsy, Carolyns home work,diy by design, All things heart and home,The NY Melrose family, the diy dreamer, i should be mopping the floor, Scattered thoughts of a crafty mom, Red head can decorate, Twelve o eight, Ivy and elephants

6 comments :

  1. Great Idea and tutorial... Thank you for sharing at One More Time Events...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy! Thank you for coming over! I am so glad you liked it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the hand crafted touch you added to an otherwise plain lampshade. Such a cute idea, Amber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! You are such a sweet heart! :)

      Delete
  3. Great makeover!
    Thanks for sharing them on Twirl & Take a Bow - I hope you'll join us again this week!
    ~ Brooke ~

    ReplyDelete