Friday, 11 October 2013

HALLOWEEN SPOOKYNESS DIY - Halloween Friday Linky Party


Halloween 2013 is almost here! Its time for some spooky decorations at the vanity room. Today I will show you my Halloween fireplace makeover.

 

Yes I have a very outdated heater and a very boring mantel. I've been empty for quite some time now so I decided to give it a spooky Halloween makeover. I didn't buy anything new, just used all what I already had in my house like candles, some garlic, sticks, wooden spoons, a stuff toy crow, table runner, some twigs, a cute witch mug and hat.




  


First I cleaned the mantel area and laid the table runner. I loved its rough woolen edges with the orange and purple doted lines pattern on it.




Then I placed the big witch hat I had on the left side and after that I placed the framed flower impression art piece next to it.








I created a garlic flower bouquet by inserting a stick in the garlic bud. It looked so cute in the witch mug.







In the fifth step I arranged all the other decorative pieces that I had gathered for this Halloween. These garlic spoons added a very rustic element to the whole decor.




Here is a witch coming out of a chimney with a garlic broom I made for her. The chimney is actually a candle stand.




I loved the lace and flowers on this mannequin's dress. It did not had a face so I decided to give i a garlic head. Very spooky isn't it!






The twigs filled up the empty space next to the mantel and the crow filled up the empty twigs.




Here is the final look of the mantel, classic gloomy and spooky for the Halloween. I would suggest you all to use all what you already have just think out of the box and set your creative ideas free.


Hope this might be some source of inspiration for your Halloween decor. Do comment , I am always looking for your feedback! Till next time Happy Halloween to all!

 xoxo 
Amber

Time for Halloween Friday Linky Party
 
Hello to all the fantastic people around! I welcome you to my first Link Party! It’s almost time for Halloween and we all are going crazy with our spooky creepy decorations. I would love you all to link up your creative spooky crafts, DIYs, makeovers or any ideas you may have to make this Halloween even more spookier! So let’s get started and join in the Halloween craze. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ or where ever they are!


13 comments :

  1. I could not locate your email address. Just wanted you to know that you've been featured on my weekly Welcome Wagon Friday post where I introduce new bloggers to my readers. You should be receiving visitors shortly. Welcome to our neighborhood!
    Brenda
    http://www.cozylittlehouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cozy Little Home!!! :) Its really nice to be featured on your blog!!!!! :)

      For future reference my email address is amberhash4@gmail.com

      Thanks again!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love your spooky mantle. I am a new follower through Cozy Little house. Stop by my blog when you have a chance. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! You have a great blog I just visited it! we bloggers should stay in touch! :)

      Delete
  3. I hope it is ok that I brought by a sweet treat! After all, we all get hungry when we are decorating! Thanks so much for hosting a great party. I love the use of garlic! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot Cynthia! Love your sweet treat! :)

      Delete
  4. I came across your blog while on another one......What great ideas you have for Halloween decorations. I just love the use of garlic :-) I would love to have you to link up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/10/clever-chicks-blog-hop-56-with-ruby.html



    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Kathy! Thanks for the appreciation! :)

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your link party! See ya at MoonlightandMasonJars.com linky tomorrow night! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not locate your email address. Your profile goes to Google+ and I'm hopeless with it. Just wanted you to know that today you've been featured on my weekly Welcome Wagon Friday post. Welcome to the neighborhood! You should be receiving visitors shortly. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda! Thank you so much for featuring me! It is a real source of motivation for me! :) I have visited your blog and its simply awesome! :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Amber! That looks scary. I love the creative way of using garlic, never thought about that.
    Thanks for being a guest on my blog. Love your tips and Im sure my readers would love them too.
    Have a nice day Xo, Elba

    ReplyDelete